Learner Response JAN Assessment

  1) Type up your feedback in full 

WWW:

This is a definite step forward from the last assessment (up 8%) with potential to progress to the top levels. good knowledge of audience theory shown now we need to add exam technique 

EBI: 

Revise public service broadcasting and industry terminology 

Keep working on unseen text analysis (q1)

For Q4 you clearly know the theories but need to critically evaluate them and link to the question. Examples for the media will also help.


2) Read the mark scheme for this assessment carefully. Identify at least one potential point that you missed out on for each question in the assessment. 
I think in question one I could have elaborate more of the image but I think for all the questions I needed to be able to example in more depth and give examples especially the 20 marker and how it actually relates to the question. 

3) On a scale of 1-10 (1 = low, 10 = high), how much revision and preparation did you do for this assessment? You may also want to think here whether you had completed all the original blog tasks from last term before doing the assessment.
To be honest I really tried I think my preparation and revision was about 5/6 I created mind maps as my source of revision  and did the blurting method which really helped me learn and memorise  the different theories. My blog work before the half term was not really consistent I feel like I had a lot of gaps but this half term I think I've been more consistent and up to date. 

4) Look at your answer for Question 2. Did you manage to write about three different strategies and three different benefits? It's vital you read the question and follow it exactly.
For question 2 I managed to get the strategies but didn't really explain it further and not link it to why its a benefit.

5) Look at your answer for Question 3. Did you follow the question guidance and write about both the BBC and commercial broadcasters? What could you have added to this answer to reach a higher mark?
I think Question 3 was kind of confusing during the test I was able to recall some information about the BBC and Chanel 4 but not a lot meaning, that stopped me from getting higher marks in that question. I wasn't really explaining or linking back to the question.

6) Now look over your mark, teacher comments and the mark scheme for Question 4 - the 20 mark essay question on media effects theory. Write a new paragraph for this question based on the suggested theories/answers in the mark scheme. Make sure it is an extensive, detailed paragraph focused on the question and offering examples from the wider media.   

Cultivation theory (Gerbner) suggests that watching TV will, over a period of time, influencethe audience’s ideas and perceptions of everyday life. This could be argued to be damaging to audiences if content is inappropriate or violent. However, UK television is regulated by Ofcom to protect audiences (particularly young people) from inappropriate content. Gerbner’s cultivation theory suggested that heavy TV viewers developed ‘mean world syndrome’ and saw society as far more dangerous than it actually is. This could be considered a significant damaging effect. It could be argued the internet exacerbates this  Two-step flow theory – audiences are more likely to respond to people rather than media institutions so opinion leaders in the media are crucial in influencing opinion and audience responses. Could still have damaging effect depending on political viewpoint or breadth of influence e.g. influencers, celebrities or columnists who court controversy and deliberately seek to offend (Andrew Tate etc.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Score Hair Cream Advert

Introduction to feminism

Representations